Mesh Viewer - Interactive Volume ViewerThis is the last release; all development has stopped.
Mesh Viewer supports interactive viewing of multi-modal, multi-resolution volume data. It allows users to interactively view and manipulate large-scale volume data, then generate volume rendered images. The Mesh Viewer integrates with the NPACI Scalable Visualization Toolkits to access large-scale volume data. In particular, it uses the Mesh Toolkit to scalably access mesh data. The Mesh Viewer also interfaces with the VISTA Volume Renderer to generate volume rendered images.
- Meshviewer 2.5.3 - Install Windows Binary
- Sample data sets - Tar
- Source Code - Tar (Requires JDK 1.5.0_02 and Java3D)
- Run as a Web Start application
Recommended System Requirements:
- Windows 2000 / XP (or later)
- Pentium III processor (or later)
- 1 GB RAM
- 3D graphics card with OpenGL and 3D texture support (NVidia GeForce FX 5200 for example)
- Java Standard Edition JDK 1.5.0 (or later)
- Java3D API (OpenGL Version)
Increase Memory Usage
If your machine has a large amount of physical memory, you can increase the memory used by the application.
- Edit the "MeshViewer.bat" file.
- Change the default settings to something larger.
- Xms64m ( 64MB minimum heap size)
- Xmx512m (512MB maximum heap size)
Supported Volume Formats
- Header file format (hdr)
- NPACI Mesh Toolkit (volb, volc, vols, msh): MSH Format, VOL Format
- Raw file format (rawiv)
You can start the Mesh Viewer application using Java Web Start.
First, you must install Java and Java3D on your computer.
- Install Java 2 Standard Edition 1.5 (or later) available at the Java Website
- Install Java 3D 1.3.1 API availabile at the Java3D API Home Page
After you install Java, you can start the Mesh Viewer application by clicking on the following link: Start Mesh Viewer
Copyright © 2000-2006 San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC), a facility operated jointly by the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) USA Users and possessors of this source code are hereby granted a nonexclusive, royalty-free copyright and design patent license to use this code in individual software. License is not granted for commercial resale, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from SDSC. This source is provided "AS IS" without express or implied warranty of any kind.