Online (and other) References for Users
Online UNIX Resources
- UNIX help for users
Helpful information for users of the UNIX operating system, developed at the University of Edinburgh.
- Coping With Unix - from the Landau Research Group headed by long-time CSE champion Ruben Landau
- A Scientist's and Engineer's Guide to Workstations and Supercomputers
An electronic survival kit from NACSE (Northwest Alliance for Computational Science & Engineering) for a scientific computing project from start to finish under a UNIX operating system.
- Norman Matloff's UNIX and Linux Tutorial Center
Using the VI Editor
Online HPC Resources
Introduction to Parallel Programming
- Designing and Building Parallel Programs
An online book and tutorial by Ian Foster at Argonne National Laboratory.
- Parallel Programming Concepts
This primer from the Cornell Theory Center introduces you to major concepts of parallel processing and its efficient realization.
- Distributed Memory Computing
This presentation from the Cornell Theory Center provides you with an overview of the significant features of one type of parallel processing, distributed memory computing.
- Message Passing Interface Forum
This location contains the official MPI (Message Passing Interface) standards documents, errata, and archives of the MPI Forum. The MPI Forum is an open group with representatives from many organizations that define and maintain the MPI standard.
- LAM MPI Tutorial
- Fortran 90 Introduction
A brief Fortran 90 tutorial with examples.
- An Interactive Fortran 90 Programming Course
This HTML / Java course describes the Fortran 90 Programming language and assumes a basic knowledge of programming.
- Advanced F90 Tutorial
- Parallel Programming, by Barrry Wilkinson