TAPP offers cost-effective computing resources to University of California researchers and affiliates through the Triton Resource at SDSC. Participants can purchase computing time or storage space to suit the needs of their project or organization. TAPP encompasses purchases by central campuses as well as academic departments, individual researchers, or labs. TAPP is also open to non-UC academic, government, and industry organizations on a capacity-available basis.
Pricing, Terms and Conditions
TAPP adheres to the following prices, terms, and conditions
(effective May 6, 2010):
|TCC (per base SU)||Minimum initial purchase8||Minimum subsequent purchase||Exchange rate on PDAF 256GB node||Exchange rate on PDAF 512GB node|
|Univ. of California||$0.06||$500 (8333 base SUs)||$250 (4167 base SUs)||2X
|Non-UC, Govt. and Industry||$0.15||$2500 (16,667 base SUs)||$1,250 (8333 base SUs)||2X
- TCC = Triton Compute Cluster
- PDAF = Petascale Data Analysis Facility (either 256GB or 512GB main memory per node)
- One base service unit (SU) = one core-hour on TCC at 2.4GHZ
- Explanation of exchange rates: One core-hour of computation on a PDAF-512 node requires two base SUs (2X exchange rate; previously 4X). The PDAF-256 node, previously using a 2X exchange rate, is now at parity with TCC, i.e., one core-hour of computation on a PDAF-256 node consumes one base SU.
- Time is fungible across various node types at the specified exchange rates.
- PDAF nodes require a minimum reservation of 16 cores, which equates to 128GB of memory on the PDAF-256 nodes and 256GB of memory on the PDAF-512 nodes. Users will be charged for all reserved cores, e.g., $0.96 per hour for 16 cores on the PDAF-256 node or $1.92 per hour for 16 cores on the PDAF-512 node.
- Exchange rates are subject to change based on system demand.
- The minimum initial purchase is for individual researchers or departments; central campus purchases are subject to a 200,000-SU minimum purchase per state fiscal year. The minimum purchase requirement is per transaction, not per user; a single minimum purchase may be made on behalf of multiple users.
Terms and Conditions
- For non-UC users there is a one-time setup fee of $1250 that includes account setup and eight hours of technical support. Additional technical support is billed at cost of time and materials.
- Each purchase of 200K SUs includes ~60 hours of technical support. Additional technical support is billed at cost of time and materials.
- Purchase of computing services includes scratch disk space and Internet connection. Archive storage is available at additional cost.
- Computing system is operational and available for remote access 24/7, but help desk is staffed for issue resolution during normal business hours only. See the SDSC Services Standards and User Responsibilities.
- For non-UC users, additional terms and conditions are set forth in the service agreement or research agreement. Please inquire with email@example.com for further details.
Contact your TAPP campus administrator for information on the status of your campus
Submit a help ticket to request pricing for your project or to ask about resources.