SDSC Consultants have experience in computational science and engineering on a variety of vector and parallel platforms. Our consultants are available to assist users with issues related to SDSC computational resources. Users are encouraged to investigate our 'Helpful Tools' section before submitting questions to SDSC Consulting:
- User Guides - for all SDSC machines, information for new users, advanced programming articles.
- User News - for the latest news, changes, and installations to HPC systems.
- Submit a Ticket or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org 9am - 5pm Pacific Standard Time.
- Call 1-866-336-2357 (9am - 5pm PST for regular inquiries; 24/7 for emergency support only).
- Meet the Consulting staff
To help us better answer your question, please have the following details ready when contacting SDSC Consulting.
- Your SDSC login
- The SDSC resources you are using
- The software (compiler, application, library, etc.) you are using, including any options/arguments
- What you are trying to accomplish and how you are trying to accomplish it
- The exact error message or output you receive
Other Places To Find Help
Academic researchers at UC campuses may also find aid through SDSC's Academic Associates Program. AAP guides first-time academic users through the allocation process and connects them with an advisor at their campus.
The Strategic Applications Collaborations (SAC) program develops a greater synergy between the academic researchers and SDSC staff by helping researchers use SDSC resources most effectively to accelerate their research efforts. The hope is to discover and develop general solutions that will also their entire academic communities.