SRB Software Packages for Version 3.3
Date Last Modified: march 3, 2005
SRB 3.3.0 has many new features and bug fixes some of the more important
The SRB software is released in many forms.
- Sticky Bit for Access Control Inheritance which allows newly created
files and collections to inherit all the access control permissions
from their parent collection.
- Bulk Sphymove and Scp
- New domainadmin user type which has the privilege to create/remove
users within their domain.
- Optional alternative to plain-text passwords in .MdasAuth files -
password scrambled to improve security.
- Support for GT3 GSI.
- SRB on top of GridFTP.
- GridFTP on top of SRB.
- Many new Scommand options
- Source Code (complete package includes Unix/Linux and Windows Server and Client);
- Windows inQ Client Package
- MySRB package for web-based access to SRB
- Windows Server Binaries with Installation Routines
- Windows Client Binaries S-commands Package
- Perl SRB Module
Patch for Version 3.3
This provides fixes for for the follow bugs:
1) Eliminate bogus error return when uploading (Sput) files larger
than 2 GB.
2) Add more data types recognized by the Scommand - pdf, png, bmp and mp3.
This is a client only patch.
The patch is to be applied on top of Version 3.3 given below. It contains
a single file - srbClientUtil.c. This should be used to replace the
utilities/src/srbClientUtil.c file in the source tree. If
this is a new download of Version 3.3, install Version 3.3 first
and then apply this patch after the installation.
Download patch file for Version 3.3:
srbClientUtil.c - patch for Version 3.3 released on February 18, 2005.
Full Source for Version 3.3
SRB Version 3.3.0: client/server source for Unix/Linux released on
February 18, 2005.
Download one of the following encrypted tar files. There are four
forms: Educational or Government (the copyright notice is the only
difference) and pgp or openssl (blowfish) encrypted.
To decrypt via pgp, use 'pgp -d filename -o SRB3_3.tar'.
To decrypt via openssl, use 'openssl enc -d -bf-cbc -in filename -out SRB3.3.0.tar'.
Openssl and pgp will prompt for the decryption key obtained from the SRB team.
OpenSSL is available at www.openssl.org.
Client-only Source for Version 3.3
- Freely available Client-only source code for SRB Version 3.3. This is an unencrypted tar file with a subset of the SRB3.3 release, installed on February 22, 2005. See the README file for build instructions. This tar file, SRB3_3client.tar, was updated March 15 to include the patched srbClientUtil.c.
MySRB package for web-based access to SRB 3.3
To be available soon.
Windows Server Binaries with Installation Routines 3.3
To be available soon.
Client S-commands Package (contains binaries and man pages) 3.3
These can be built via the client-only source release listed above.
Client-only Source for Version 3.2
If you need access to another previous version, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, or 2.0, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org