Schmod - changes permission modes and ownership for objects and collections in SRB space
Schmod [-h] [-a] [-b] [-p] [-r] [-d|c|D] [-C] w|a|r|n|t|o|c newUserName domainName collection|srbObj ...
Schmod -i [-r] s|u collection ...
Schmod grants/changes access permissions or changes owners for the operand collection or srbObj ... for newUserName in domainName.
If the operand is a dataset (srbObj), the permission is granted for all copies (replica) of the dataset.
Access permissions allowed are write (w), read (r), all (a), annotate (t), none (n), give curator (c) permission or change owner (o).
The user changing permissions should have 'all' access permission for each SrbObj.
The second synopsis sets or unsets the "ACL inherit bit" of the specified collection. If the "ACL inherit bit" of a collection is set, all new data and collections created under this collection will inherit the access permission of this collection. The inheritance is set using 's' and unset using 'u' for the first argument. Note that the inherited permissions apply only to new data and collections, Any later change to the access control of the collection is not transferred to existing children. The "ACL inherit bit" of a collection can be listed using the "Sls -C" or "SgetColl -i" commands.
If the -r option is used in conjunction with the -i option, the "ACL inherit bit" of all sub-collections will be recurively set or unset.
- Set the execution to "ACL inheritance bit" setting mode.
- grants/changes access permissions or ownership in bulk for all data and sub-collections recursively in collection. This option is same as options -D -r given together.
- grants/changes access permissions or ownership or ACL inheritance recursively for data and sub-collections in collection and in all sub-collections under it.
- grants/changes access permissions for datasets only.
- grants/changes access permissions or ownership for all datasets and sub-collections under collection but does not change any permission for datasets or collections under its sub-collections. With the -r option will do it recursively for sub-collections also.
- grants/changes access permissions or ownership for all datasets and sub-collections under collection if the user is a curator for at least one of the ancestor collections. With the -r option will do it recursively for sub-collections also.
- grants/changes access permissions or ownership for collections only.
- adds auditing feature for the access permission granted for datasets. Auditing works only if the audit_flag is turned on when compiling the MCAT Server.
- prompt user for confirmation before changing.